Sunday, February 1, 2009

February 1, 2009

OUCHIE!!

This picture dosen't look bad at all, but I do have some pretty bad pics I won't share unless requested.

poor Rylan is all I can really say to sum up our day. My dear boy had to go to the emergency room this morning for stitches. It all started around 7 a.m. today when my Mom called to wake us up because Rylan had fell in her bedroom and busted his lip open really bad. He had spent the night over there after Dad's surprise party yesterday. (I'll share that in a minute) We threw Savanna in the car and were off to Mom and Dad's house within minutes of them calling us. I wasn't sure what to expect when we got there...his poor little mouth was worse though than I had imagined. His lip look ed as if he had sliced it with sciccors, and inside his mouth was a nightmare. One of his two front teeth was hanging by and thread and his gums were a sight.
Off we went to the E.R. He certainly was a trooper, understandably upset. Once they got some good pain meds in him he started to calm down and talk normally to us about things like; if he had school tomorrow, and when we left if he could get a drink:) However once the Dr. came in (whom as very sweet and nice) Rylan lost it again and was in a panic over having to get his lip "sewn up".
Once it was that time we had to wrap him tight in a sheet and hep hold him still, he stayed still and just complained of being really hot. During the procedure he did very well and stayed calm and even stared a much as he could at what the Dr. was doing. Sadly once it was time for the Dr. to take care of the inside of his mouth Rylan fell apart and so did I...ugh it was awful, he had to have his two front teeth taken out, and it hurt him so bad..I had to turn away to hide my tears. Thankfully the procedure only lasted about 15 minutes, ad once the Dr. was done Rylan sat up and was even joking around with Brandon and trying to tickle me...the pain meds made him a little goofy.
The crazy thing about his teeth having to come out today was that tomorrow he had an appointment at the dentist to have those same two teeth removed. One was broke and not coming out on its own, and both permanent teeth coming in were doing so the wrong way. Rylan even said "Well at least I don't I have to get my teeth pulled now, I took care of it myself."!
He has a dentist appointment first thing in the morning to have his poor injured mouth checked up on and to have some ex rays done on his facial bones. There is a chance that he has a fracture in the bone that holds the top teeth in. I'm praying its just bruised. Please pray too!


Okay, on to more fun things! We threw our Dad a surpise birthday party yesterday to celebrate his big 50! He was totally surprised. It was a blast.




No comments: